Television writers are one of the happiest careers in the United States.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, television writers rate their career happiness 4.0 out of 5 stars which puts them in the top 10% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy television writers are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are television writers happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do television writers find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as television writers?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are television writer’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are television writers making the best use of their abilities?