Account managers are one of the least happy careers in the United States.
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, account managers rate their career happiness 2.7 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 11% of careers.
To put this into perspective, we compared how happy account managers are to similar careers in the industry. Take a look at the results below:
Salaries and satisfaction ratings in similar careers
|Compensation and benefits manager||2.7||$115k|
|Advertising sales agent||2.7||$52k|
So what does it mean to be happy in your career? Let’s break it down into different dimensions:
- Salary: Are account managers happy with their salary?
- Meaning: Do account managers find their jobs meaningful?
- Personality fit: How well suited are people’s personalities to their everyday tasks as account managers?
- Work environment: How enjoyable are account manager’s work environments?
- Skills utilization: Are account managers making the best use of their abilities?